Alameda County – General Chapter
May 20, 2021
Type of Meeting: Monthly general membership meeting
Join Zoom Meeting: https://seiu1021.zoom.us/j/87163836912
Meeting ID: 871 6383 6912
or call: +16699006833,,87163836912# US (San Jose)
Meeting Facilitator: Margarita Dowden
- PRESIDENT: Tina Tapia
- VICE-PRESIDENT: Judy Martinez
- SECRETARY/TREASURER: Susan Lumpkin
Thursday, May 13
6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Join by Zoom:
Meeting ID: 546 684 6696
Join by Phone:
Meeting ID: 546 684 6696
ALCO General Chapter – SEIU Local 1021 2021 Chapter Executive Board Election NOTICE of NOMINATIONS & PROCESS
April 26, 2021
These elections shall determine Chapter Board Officers as follows:
President – Vice President -
Secretary – Treasurer
The term of office shall be for two (2) years.
SEIU Alameda County General Chapter Meeting Minutes
1. Call to order. Meeting started at 6 p.m. Welcome and introductions given. Tina asked if anyone objected to having the meeting recorded. No objections voiced. Tina wanted to say thanks to all the members here on zoom meeting from the General Chapter departments which consist of ACERA, ACSO, Assessors, Auditor’s-Controller-Recorders, CDA, GSA, EHS, PH, Libraries, DCSS, PWA, Public Defenders, ROV, Treasurers Tax, and Zone 7. Tonight Stewards Cheryl Lott and Christine Lake are excused from the meeting.
From the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, public workers in Alameda County have put our safety on the line to continue faithfully serving our community. We are the backbone of the County’s response to this pandemic, and responsible for saving countless lives. As the pandemic continues, we made it clear to the County that we would not accept balancing the budget on our backs.
SEIU General Chapter Meeting
January 9, 2020
a. Welcome and introductions given.
b. Approval of October’s minutes. Dave Granlich motioned for approval of the minutes. Elizabeth Rapheal seconded it with spelling correction for Tiesha’s name There were no minutes taken for the November meeting and the secretary was not there. And there was no meeting held in December.
c. Cheryl Lott and Tiesha Anderson were not able to make it to the meeting
1. 6pm Call to order. a. Welcome and introductions made. b. Celina Guerra-Martinez, Georgia Schreiber, John Brixie, Elizabeth Raphael, Dawn Moore, and Cheryl Lott excused from meeting. c. Review and approval of Septembers minutes. Tieasha Anderson made motion for approval. Seconded by Christine. September minute accepted as is.
1. 6pm Call to order.
a. Welcome and introductions made
b. Christine Lake and Georgia Schreiber excused for this meeting.
c. Reading minutes from August meeting. Minutes approved with correction of to attendance list made.
SEIU General Chapter Meeting
May 9, 2019
1. 6pm Call to Order. a. Welcome and introductions given b. Tina reminding us to invite our co-workers to participate in the meetings. Either by Zoom or in person. c. Review and approval of minutes for 4/11/19 meeting is delayed to the next months meeting.
SEIU General Chapter Meeting April 11, 2019
1. Call to order. Meeting starting at 6pm. Welcome and introductions given. Review of 3/14/19 minutes. Tina stating that minutes are posted on the SEIU website. Tina asking for approval of the minutes. Brenda asked for approval. Tina asking for any objections. No objections stated, so minutes approved with no changes.
Notes available as PDF attachment
Bargaining Team Recommends a YES Vote
Tentative Agreement Reached!
Your bargaining team is happy to announce that after over a month of meetings since January, a tentative agreement on a 3-year contract extension with the County has been reached. The agreement is a significant improvement on the extension offer that was rejected in 2018. In the coming weeks our Union plans to hold multiple worksite meetings and Town Halls to answer questions and share more about the tentative agreement. Extension ratification vote will be scheduled for mid-April.
- Tuesday, 3/12/19 @ 5:30 pm @ 100 Oak st. (Willie Gholar Room), Oakland, CA
- Tuesday, 3/19/19 @ 5:30 pm @ 100 Oak st. (Willie Gholar Room), Oakland, CA
This meeting will also be offered via Zoom Conferencing
The link for March 12th is (6pm SHARP):
March 12, 2019 6pm – https://zoom.us/meeting/674585939
Members Make the Case for Salary Adjustments
Members representing 33 classifications made
Salary Adjustment presentations to the County to demonstrate
the need for salary adjustments.
This is the largest number of presentations for salary adjustments in any contract year. While there is no guarantee any classification that presented will receive a salary adjustment, the presentations created an opportunity for consideration by the County for salary adjustments if a contract extension agreement is reached and ratified.
On February 8th your bargaining team held their second meeting with management to discuss a possible contract extension. We expect management to propose wage increases the next session.
The proposal was largely the same as the proposal the members voted on in 2018, with one significant difference: The County is no longer seeking to implement a “Vacation Hard Cap” on all county employees. This proposal was a source of confusion and frustration in 2018, and your bargaining team is very happy to see that proposal disappear.
Does your current position have either of the following criteria?
- Issue with Retention & Recruitment
- Base pay at least 5% lower than the median salary of the surrounding counties
If so, you may be interested in presenting a brief presentation to support your adjustment.
GUIDELINES FOR THE PRESENTATION