Alameda County Bargaining Update
March 25, 2019
Bargaining Team Recommends a YES Vote
Starting in January, your bargaining team met with management several times to discuss a potential contract extension. During the course of these sessions, your bargaining team made it clear to management that any agreement would have to be an improvement on the extension offer from 2018 and must remove the vacation hard cap proposal. The bargaining team held the line and won victories with the removal of the vacation hard cap, increased dental coverage, increased ‘share the savings’ amount, pushing back healthcare changes by a year to 2022, and a three-year term with higher wage increases than initially offered.
After securing this tentative agreement, the bargaining team voted yes by a super majority (11 yes, 2 no, 3 abstentions) and a tentative agreement was reached. The bargaining team now brings this extension offer to the membership for a ratification vote. This tentative agreement would not have been possible if not for the hard work, diligence, and consideration of members by your bargaining team. The tentative agreement was reached after long hours of negotiations with the County, and is a significant improvement from the County’s original proposal. Aside from the items in the agreement, there are no changes to the current MOU.
Term: 3 years (to 12/10/22)
Effective Dates Wage Increase
Medical: Medical premium cost sharing split (County/Employee) 88% 12% effective plan 2022
Dental: Increase Dental Maximum from $1550 to $1675 in plan year 2020; from $1675 to $1,775 in plan year 2021; and from $1,775 to $1,900 in plan year 2022
- County increases County Allowance from $1,100 to 1,200 in plan year 2022
Share the Savings
- County increases Share the Savings by $100 in each level in plan year 2020
No other changes to the MOU
Have questions or want more information on contract extension talks or how to become part of the Contract Action Team (CAT)? Contact your chapter leaders or field representatives.
- General Chapter, President: Tina Tapia Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org | 510-589-1927
- Social Services Agency, President: Cara Williams Email: email@example.com | 510-395-0283 (email is preferred)
- Behavioral Health Services, President: Yeon Park Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | 510-725- 5167
- Angela Osayande: email@example.com
- Blake Huntsman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Williams: email@example.com
To receive more information from your chapter leaders, attend your general membership meeting:
- SSA Unit—Thursday 3/28 5:30pm at 100 Oak Street