Alameda County Bargaining Update
March 13, 2019
Tentative Agreement Reached!
Your bargaining team is happy to announce that after over a month of meetings since January, a tentative agreement on a 3-year contract extension with the County has been reached. The agreement is a significant improvement on the extension offer that was rejected in 2018. In the coming weeks our Union plans to hold multiple worksite meetings and Town Halls to answer questions and share more about the tentative agreement. Extension ratification vote will be scheduled for mid-April.
Term: 3 years (to 12/10/22)
Effective Dates Wage Increase
Medical: Medical premium cost sharing split (County/Employee) 88% 12% effective plan 2022
Dental: Increase Dental Maximum from $1550 to $1675 in plan year 2020; from $1675 to $1,775 in plan year 2021; and from $1,775 to $1,900 in plan year 2022
- County increases County Allowance from $1,100 to 1,200 in plan year 2022
Share the Savings
- County increases Share the Savings by $100 in each level in plan year 2020
No other changes to the MOU
Have questions or want more information on contract extension talks or how to become part of the Contract Action Team (CAT)? Contact your chapter leaders or field representatives.
- General Chapter, President: Tina Tapia Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com | 510-589-1927
- Social Services Agency, President: Cara Williams Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | 510-395-0283 (email is preferred)
- Behavioral Health Services, President: Yeon Park Email: email@example.com | 510-725- 5167
- Angela Osayande: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blake Huntsman: email@example.com
- Karen Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive more information from your chapter leaders, attend your general membership meeting:
- General Unit—Thursday 3/14 5:30pm at 100 Oak Street
- BHCS Unit—Thursday 3/21 5:30pm at 100 Oak Street
- SSA Unit—Thursday 3/28 5:30pm at 100 Oak Street