Alameda County Bargaining Update
March 6, 2019
Members Make the Case for Salary Adjustments
Members representing 33 classifications made
Salary Adjustment presentations to the County to demonstrate
the need for salary adjustments.
This is the largest number of presentations for salary adjustments in any contract year. While there is no guarantee any classification that presented will receive a salary adjustment, the presentations created an opportunity for consideration by the County for salary adjustments if a contract extension agreement is reached and ratified.
Update on Contract Extension Talks
On February 28th your Bargaining Team met with County negotiators
and presented a counter-proposal that included everything
except wages. The next session with management to discuss
extending the contract is on March 7th. The County has confirmed
that they will present a counter-proposal that includes
Management has expressed an interest in agreeing to a three-year contract extension. Your Bargaining Team has told management that we are interested in exploring a three-year extension if the wages are sufficient.
Have questions or want more information on contract extension talks or how to become part of the Contract Action Team (CAT)? Contact your chapter leaders or field representatives.
- General Chapter, President: Tina Tapia Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com | 510-589-1927
- Social Services Agency, President: Cara Williams Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | 510-395-0283 (email is preferred)
- Behavioral Health Services, President: Yeon Park Email: email@example.com | 510-725- 5167
- Angela Osayande: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blake Huntsman: email@example.com
- Karen Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive more information from your chapter leaders, attend your general membership meeting:
- General Unit—Thursday 3/14 5:30pm at 100 Oak Street
- BHCS Unit—Thursday 3/21 5:30pm at 100 Oak Street
- SSA Unit—Thursday 3/28 5:30pm at 100 Oak Street