We Have Reached A Tentative Agreement
Dear City of Richmond Co-workers:
The elected Bargaining Team has reached a Tentative Agreement (TA) for our full contract. Below is the TA ratification schedule. Our Bargaining Team recommends a ‘YES’ vote. More details on the TA will be shared soon. Our Bargaining Team recommends a ‘YES’ vote.
2021 City of Richmond Workers’ Ratification Schedule
Wednesday, September 1st 2021
Where: Jailers (1701 Regatta Blvd) (If you do not work @ the Regatta location and plan to vote there, you must check in at the front desk, get a name tag and call Amanda Leguax to let you in the voting room @ 415-525-2002)
Time: 6am to 4pm
Location: Admin 1 Conference Room
Thursday, September 2nd 2021
Where: Dispatchers Center off of Nevin
Time: 5:30am to 6:30am
Location: In the breakroom @ the COR Dispatch Center
Wednesday & Thursday, September 1st & 2nd
Where: Outside the Richmond City Hall Plaza
Time: 7:00am to 6:00pm
Ballot count on 9/2/21 following at 6:00 outside the Richmond City Hall Plaza.
The agreement includes a bonus of $3,800 after contract ratification and approval by City Council, and brings our workers their first cost of living adjustments (COLAs) since 2015.
Highlights of the New Economic Issue Tentative Agreement
- Bonus of $3,800 paid within two pay periods after City Council approves the contract
Three years of raises totaling a 13% increase:
- 5% effective January 1, 2023
- 4% effective January 1, 2024
- 4% effective January 1, 2025
- Agreement to reopen the contract to discuss wage increases after the City’s classification and compensation study is completed
- Starting January 1, 2024, workers will begin paying into
their retiree medical benefit. This will be a tiered contribution
based on the wage of Step 2 for each worker’s classification:
- Tier 1: $60,000 or less at Step 2 will pay $50 per month
- Tier 2: Between $60,001 and $80,000 at Step 2 will pay $75 per month
- Tier 3: Over $80,001 at Step 2 will pay $100 per month
- Part-time workers will pay on a pro-rated basis, depending on the hours they work
For more information contact Yen.Do@seiu1021.org and Darryl.Richardson@seiu1021.org.