Tell the City to Come Back to the Table
COME TO CITY COUNCIL’S CLOSED SESSION: TUESDAY, JULY 16 1:30 P.M., at CITY HALL
Two weeks ago, the City’s representatives walked away from the bargaining table, claiming negotiations were at an impasse. This claim was a lie: we were hard at work, passing proposals and counterproposals, so we immediately filed an unfair labor practice charge against them.
On Monday, City Council passed a budget. The budget didn’t address our issues adequately, and on Tuesday, our members stormed City Hall with Local 21 and delivered a message to City Administrator Sabrina Landreth: get your representatives back to the table, and tell them to bargain in good faith.
Now we need our members to send the same message: call your City Council member and say: “My name is _____, and I live / work in District ____. I am calling to urge you to send the City’s negotiating team back to the table with increased authority and clear instructions to bargain in good faith.”
- District 1: Dan Kalb: 510-238-7001
- District 2: Nikki Fortunato Bas: 510-238-7002
- District 3: Lynette McElhaney: 510-238-7003
- District 4: Sheng Thao: 510-238-7004
- District 5: Noel Gallo: 510-238-7005
- District 6: Loren Taylor: 510-238-7006
- District 7: Larry Reid: 510-238-7007
- At-Large: Rebecca Kaplan: 510-238-7008
- Email Council: email@example.com