OUSD Chapter OSEA/OCDPA Chapter Elections
Dear SEIU Local 1021 Member,
This letter serves the purpose to inform you that the Oakland Unified School District Chapter will be conducting Chapter Officer Elections.
Here is the timeline for nominations and election of Chapter Officers:
- Wednesday, December 9th, 2020 - Announcement for Officer Election and Nominations
- Monday, January 11th, 2021 - Nominations due for Officer Elections
- Monday, February 1st – 4th, 2021 – Election will be held electronically via “Election Buddy” by email and text from 8:00am on the 1st and ending at 5:00pm on the 4th.
- Friday, February 5th, 2021 – Election Buddy will provide an accurate tabulation of the voting. And election results will be posted to the 1021 website.
- Wednesday, February 10th, 2021 – Election Results Announced at chapter meeting.
The Union welcomes all members interested in being nominated for
the following positions:
President - The President officiates all meetings and is responsible for directing the implementation of directives voted on by the Chapter membership. The President is an ex-officio member of all committees. The President is one of the officers authorized to withdraw funds from a Chapter account, after such expenditures have been approved by the Executive Board and/or General Membership.
1st Vice President (OSEA) and 2nd Vice President (OCDPA) - The Vice President act as President in the absence of the President. The Vice President is one of the officers authorized to withdraw funds from a Chapter account, after such expenditures have been approved by the Executive Board and/or General Membership.
Secretary - The Secretary keeps a correct and impartial account of the proceedings of each membership meeting, minutes. The Secretary will receive all correspondence and communications on behalf of the Chapter.
Chief Steward (OSEA) and Chief Steward (OCDPA) - The Chief Steward serves as a resource for shop stewards in carrying out their duties at the worksite.
COPE Coordinators (3 Positions 1 Elected) - The COPE coordinator is responsible for providing political information and education to the members of the chapter. She/he assists and coordinates with turn-out, and other duties related to political activities of the chapter and the Union. The coordinator will also be the Chapter representative to the Local 1021 COPE County Committee.
Area Representative (Total 12 Seats) - Organizes and assists School Site/Department Site Representatives with local representational issues.
- Area Representative District Office – 2 White Collar
- Area Representative 900 High Street – 1 White Collar
- Area Representative West Oakland – 1
- Area Representative North Oakland – 1
- Area Representative East Oakland – 2
- Area Representative ECE Local Wide – 2
The Election Committee is Bettie Reed-Smith, Deborah Britt and Darryl Malone. If you have questions about the election this committee will address all issues pertaining to the election process. Please address all your questions or concerns to the election committee by contacting Gary Jimenez via email to Gary.Jimenez@seiu1021.org.
Nominations shall be accepted via email to Gary.Jimenez@seiu1021.org starting December 9th 2020 and must be received no later than Monday, January 11th, 2021 by 5:00pm.
All nominations must be acknowledged and accepted by the nominee via email.
In order to run for and serve as a Chapter officer, candidates shall have been members in good standing for at least one (1) year and be employed within a bargaining unit represented by the Chapter.
Elections are scheduled from Monday, February 1st, 2021 to Thursday, February 4th, 2021.
Your vote must be received by Election Buddy by 5:00pm Thursday February 4th to be counted.
Please contact Gary Jimenez, SEIU Local 1021 Field Representative at phone number (510) 387-4530 should you have any questions.
Gary Jimenez SEIU Local 1021 Field Representative