Notice of San Francisco RN Bargaining Team Elections
Tuesday, August 28th - Tuesday, November 13th: Nominations due September 25
In 2019, We Bargain a New Contract
Take the first step to help us prepare for our contract campaign: Nominate yourself or someone you know to the Registered Nurse Bargaining Team.
The Bargaining Team Election Process
We ensure that all major departments are represented. This includes SFGH, Laguna Honda, and the Community.
See the chart below: delegates will be elected by chapter / RN program. In each chapter / RN program, the nominees who get the most votes will be delegates on the team.
The Election Committee will be responsible for resolving disputes related to the election. The Election Committee will be comprised of:
- Bob Ivory, SEIU 1021 Member, SF General Hospital
- Aaron Cramer, SEIU 1021 Member, SF General Hospital
- Johnnie Williams, SEIU 1021 Member, SF County Jail One
To contact members of the Committee, email 2019.SF.RN.Bargaining.Team.Election@seiu1021.org.
REQUIREMENTS OF AN SEIU 1021 BARGAINING TEAM MEMBER
- Must be a member of SEIU 1021.
- Must be willing and able to put in the time. Most meetings are during the day, and Bargaining Team members are released from work duties and paid by the City as a scheduled workday. Often the meetings go into the evening and are sometimes on weekends. Bargaining Team members don’t lose pay but they also do not get overtime and sometimes work more than eight hours in a day. If a Bargaining Team member is sick or unable to attend, they must call as soon as possible to be able to have an “alternate” replace them or their Chapter goes unrepresented.
- Must be willing to learn new things.
- Must represent all members, not just their Chapter or classification.
- Must be committed to sharing information with coworkers and work collaboratively with the Contract Action Team (CAT). This involves updates, meetings and listening as well as talking.
DESIRED QUALITIES OF A TEAM MEMBER
- Be organized
- Have integrity
- Inspire confidence in judgment & ability
- Have a sense of humor, but not at others’ expense
- Be a good communicator
- Be willing to assess risks and outcomes
- Be able to tolerate tense situations and conflict
- Be able to work with others
- Be able to think strategically
BARGAINING TEAM ELECTION TIME LINE
Our contract with the City & County of San Francisco expires on June 30, 2019. Our first deadline is to complete Bargaining Team elections by November 13, 2018 so we have ample time for member surveys, training, research, writing proposals and negotiations.
NOTICE of ELECTION & NOMINATIONS
Tuesday, August 28 – Tuesday, September 25
The Notice will be posted on www.SFFIGHT.org and Union bulletin boards at your worksite(s). Any member may nominate himself/herself or another member in their Chapter by Sept. 25. The Election Committee will verify eligibility of each nomination.
POSTING of ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES & CAMPAIGNING
Friday, September 28 – Monday, October 29
Eligible candidates’ names will be posted on www.SFFIGHT.org. The exact date, time & location of voting will also be posted on Union bulletin boards at your worksite(s) by October 29.
Monday, October 29 – Tuesday, November 13
Voting will take place at various worksites. There is NO proxy voting. Each Chapter will have at least one voting session. Large Chapters will have multiple sessions. An opportunity to vote will be provided for night, day and swing shifts as well as one weekend day for 24/7 departments.
Tuesday, November 13 at 5:30 PM
Ballots will be counted for all chapters on November 13 at 5:30 PM at the SF Union Office, 350 Rhode Island, #100. The results of the elected Bargaining Team members and alternates will be posted online at www.SFFIGHT.org.
|Chapter / RN Program||Bargaining Team Member(s) to Be Elected|
|1 PACU / OR||1|
|Maternal / Child Health||1|
|Psychiatry / BHC / PES||1|
|Adv. Practice, from DPH, HSA, SFFD||1|
|Laguna Hospital Total||2|
|COPC (Clinics) / CBHS (Mental Health Clinics)||2|
|DPH Programs (MCAH, Call Centers, H@H, APS)||1|
|RN Community Total||4|
Bargaining Team Nomination Form
I want to nominate…
(Nominations must be received by September 25, 5 p.m.)