Notice of MTA Service Critical Bargaining Team Elections
Elections: Tuesday, August 14th - Friday, October 12th: Nominations Due September 4
In 2019, We Bargain a New Contract
Take the first step to help us prepare for our contract campaign: Nominate yourself or someone you know to the SF MTA Service Critical Bargaining Team.
|SFMTA Service Critical Units||Bargaining Team Member(s) to Be Elected||Alternates|
|2 Parking Control Officers
1 Senior Parking Control Officer
|1 Car Cleaner
1 Senior Car Cleaner
|2 Station Agents||2||0|
|1 Permit & citations||1||1|
From any units not mentioned above
Alternates: the number of alternate spots available on chart above will be selected based on the runner up vote getters after the seats are filled by top vote receivers.
The Bargaining Team Election Committee
The Election Committee will be responsible for resolving disputes related to the election. The Election Committee will be comprised of:
- Theresa Rutherford, SEIU 1021 Vice President of Representation
- Robbyn Boykin, Station Agent
- Alicia Evans, PCO
To contact committee members, email 2019.SF.MTA.Service.Critical.Election.Committee@seiu1021.org.
REQUIREMENTS OF AN SEIU 1021 BARGAINING TEAM MEMBER
- Must be a member of SEIU 1021.
- Must be willing and able to put in the time. Most meetings are during the day where you are released from work duties and paid by the City as a scheduled workday. Often the meetings go into the evening and are sometimes on weekends. You don’t lose pay but you also do not get overtime and sometimes work more than eight hours in a day. If you are sick or unable to attend you must call as soon as possible to be able to have an “alternate” replace you or your Chapter goes unrepresented.
- Must be willing to learn new things.
- Must represent all members not just their Chapter or classification.
- Must be committed to sharing information with coworkers and work collaboratively with the Contract Action Team (CAT). This involves updates, meetings and listening as well as talking.
DESIRED QUALITIES OF A TEAM MEMBER
- Be organized
- Have integrity
- Inspire confidence in judgment & ability
- Have a sense of humor, but not at others’ expense
- Be a good communicator
- Be willing to assess risks and outcomes
- Be able to tolerate tense situations and conflict
- Be able to work with others
- Be able to think strategically
BARGAINING TEAM ELECTION TIME LINE
Our contract with the San Francisco MTA expires on June 30, 2019. Our first deadline is to complete Bargaining Team elections by October 12, 2018 so we have ample time for member surveys, training, research, writing proposals and negotiations.
NOTICE of ELECTION & NOMINATIONS
Tuesday, August 14 – Tuesday, September 4
The Notice will be posted on www.SFFIGHT.org and Union bulletin boards at your worksite(s). Any member may nominate himself/herself or another member in their Chapter by September 4. The Election Committee will verify eligibility of each nomination.
POSTING of ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES & CAMPAIGNING
Friday, September 7 – Monday, October 1
Eligible candidates’ names will be posted on www.SFFIGHT.org. The exact date, time and location of voting will also be posted on Union bulletin boards at your work site(s) by September 7.
Monday, October 1 – Friday, October 12 at 3 p.m.
Voting will take place at various worksites. There is NO proxy voting. An opportunity to vote will be provided for night, day, and swing shifts.
Friday, October 12 at 5:30 p.m.
Ballots will be counted for all chapters on October 12 at 5:30 p.m. at the SF Union Office, 350 Rhode Island, #100. The results of the elected Bargaining Team members and alternates will be posted online at www.SFFIGHT.org.
Bargaining Team Nomination Form
I want to nominate…
(Nominations must be received by September 4, 5 p.m.)