Information Technology Analyst/Help Desk
San Francisco (3/8/21)
Summary: Working under the direction of the IT Director, the Information Technology Analyst/Help Desk will interface with employees and members using various enterprise, database, desktop, and custom-developed applications. This position will be responsible for answering, documenting, analyzing, tracking, and responding to requests for assistance in support of a range of end-users and systems. The Information Technology Analyst/Help Desk will provide exemplary customer service to employees and members and be responsible for documentation and tracking requests within the Local’s ticketing system. While using existing technologies to meet the Local’s enterprise technology and database needs, this position will play a key role in shaping the union’s future technology systems.
Primary Responsibilities and Skills:
The Information Technology Analyst/Help Desk’s primary responsibility is to provide day-to-day technical and database support to end-users. The Information Technology Analyst/Help Desk duties listed below are representative of the position:
- Responsible for proficiently using, educating, providing technical support to staff, and assisting on the adoption of the Local’s technology platforms
- Identifying and applying current and cutting-edge technological information systems solutions to solve current, anticipated, and future local union challenges
- Provide remote and onsite help desk and other related support while demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
- Provide desktop support services and activities with a high customer satisfaction level, including installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Provide end-users with training, information, guidance, and instruction on the use of desktop and portable computer hardware, software, and database applications
- Committed to cybersecurity practices, procedures, and data safeguarding, including the use of SIEM tools. Knowledge of Cisco’s FirePOWER network border security ecosystem, Splunk, or Graylog is a plus.
- Provide end-user support for Cisco Call Manager 11.x, Contact Center Express, and Unity 11.x.
- Responsible for configuring and troubleshooting Windows OS and MS Office applications for end-users
- Excellent data analysis skills. Prior experience using PowerBI, Tableau, Azure Synapse, QuilckView, or similar data visualization tools is a plus.
- Comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of Office 365 ecosystem administration from EAC to SharePoint, Teams, FMA, PBI, OneDrive.
- Desktop, mobile smartphones, and laptop support skills from imaging, fleet rollout, hardware-specific troubleshooting, and asset management logistics support.
- Conduct IT audits as assigned, in compliance with policies governing the administration, utilization, and acquisition of desktop and portable computer products.
- Assist in supporting the Local’s MDM (Mobile Device Management) platforms such as InTune, Meraki, or other cutting-edge MDM products.
- Utilize trouble-ticketing software for opening/updating/closing tickets in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions, including PivotTables, VLOOKUP, INDEX, and FIND.
- Understanding of relational database principles, data dependencies, performance tuning, and normalization of data.
- Superior understanding of data structures and elements, including queries and the mechanics of a database.
- Ability to train and support end-users in all aspects of data retrieval, including formatting and basic data manipulation in MS Excel.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision while managing multiple projects and interfacing with stakeholders.
- “May participate in labor union activities such as encouraging non-members to become members by assisting with new member sign up and COPE campaigns.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and proactively seeks ways to stay informed on cutting edge trends that could benefit the department.
- Provide input and recommendations to enhance the operation and effectiveness of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Core Competencies: The following competencies have been identified as critical for success in the role and will be referred to during the selection process:
- Commitment to helping our members’ current and future needs. Always providing prompt and courteous service
- Willingly shares expertise and important or relevant information with team members
- Clearly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups through a variety of communication methods
- Continually seeks to improve work processes. Demonstrates the ability to use systems and technology to improve ways of working
- Strives for excellence and efficiency
- Ability to adjust priorities. Approaches change positively and adjust behaviors accordingly.
- Associate’s degree, technical training school completion, or High School diploma with equivalent work experience.
- 2-years of technical help desk experience.
- Solid understanding of basic networking concepts, computer hardware, software configuration, and databases.
- Good working knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office applications, Mac OS, and mobile devices (Android & iPhone).
- Capable of working in a team environment, demonstrating good written and communication skills.
- Critical thinking and an ability to creatively solve complex issues.
- Able to work independently and autonomously.
- Commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside organizations.
- Extensive helpdesk and database experience.
- Prior experience working with union-centric technologies such as UnionWare, VAN, PDI, MAPP, and PurpleText.
- Prior experience working with leading industry audience outreach technologies (e.g., MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, CallHub, CallEVO).
- Salaried position; may require nonstandard work hours and/or weekend and holiday work.
- Extensive travel may be required, primarily within Northern California.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license; pass a DMV check, and have a good driving record
- Have auto insurance that covers business driving (minimum of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident bodily injury liability/$50,000 property coverage); and must possess an automobile for business use.
Salary and Benefits: The current salary range is $63,477 – $104,259 and is based on qualifications and experience. SEIU Local 1021 offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Including fully employer-paid family health coverage (including domestic partners), life insurance, a defined-benefit pension plan, 401(k) plan, and generous paid leave time. This position is represented by the Communications Workers of America (CWA).
Mail or e-mail a cover letter. Include a detailed resume and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references to: Kathryn Ballard, Human Resources Coordinator. Mailing address: SEIU Local 1021, 447 29th Street, Oakland, CA 94609, or e-mail your resume to: email@example.com. Indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time. No phone calls, please.
Hiring: We are committed to hiring staff who reflect our membership and model the unity and equity that we seek to create in our country. For example, women, LGBTQI, people of color, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SEIU Local 1021 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates of all races, ethnicities, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, marital statuses, religions, or who have a disability. Local 1021 is committed to ensuring fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.