Winning for Members
Port of Oakland NEW Work From Home Pilot Program Announced
Our union has met and conferred with Port management, and we’re pleased to announce a new work from home pilot program, a good step forward for better working conditions. If your work can be done from home and if you are interested in this opportunity, request an eligibility form from your supervisor.
Please note: to participate in this program, your address must be correct with HR.
- 12-month pilot program to allow eligible members to work from
- If you are interested, request an eligibility form from your supervisor!
- The remote working location will be based on your current address with the Port. Please update your address if it is incorrect
Changes or clarifications to the policy:
- Should an employee be called into the office while WFH and is involved in an accident, they can file for worker’s compensation through the Port Worker’s Compensation Department
- The Port will update Exhibit -433-A 433.14 to include approved or denied. NOTE the process is spelled out in XIV – Denial of Application
- Probationary employees are eligible to apply for this after
their first evaluation
- Employees on promotion who have not received their first review according to the schedule should still submit their work-from-home request to their manager