We Won Additional Compensation for Designated Shifts!
The Omicron surge is hitting us all hard. To improve patient care, address short staffing issues, and enhance safety, we negotiated with AHS management to create a new differential for certain shifts. This new differential will increase staffing, allow adequate staffing for acuity peaks and high-census times, and avoid using external agencies for staffing.
Compensation for Extra Shift (CES) Details
- CES shifts will be at Highland Hospital, Fairmont Hospital, John George Hospital, San Leandro Hospitals and for eligible departments and eligible shifts as designated by AHS management
- The following classifications can sign up for a designated CES shift when offered: RNs, Respiratory Therapists, ED Techs, Certified Nursing Assistants, Mental Health Specialists I &II, Obstetric Technicians and Surgical Techs (and LVNs at John George only)
- The differential is $18.00 per hour for CES eligible shifts. The CES differential is in addition to overtime, pay differentials, or additional pay on base compensation as outlined in the relevant MOUs
- Prior to qualifying to receive CES shift pay, employees must work their full FTE schedule in their home unit that week
- SAN employees must work two shifts at straight time/holiday pay in the previous pay period before they can be eligible for CES in that pay period
For emergent CES shifts only, the employee must report within one hour of the request for CES and work the remainder of the shift
Temporary Incentive Pay at Fairmont Hospital
Until February 1, 2022 at 7:30 a.m., there is temporary incentive pay available at Fairmont Hospital for double-time shifts for the following classifications:
- CNII – Job Code 53420
- LVN IV – Job Code 53450
- LVN – Job Code 53455
- CNA – Job Code 73610
- RNA – Job Code 72625
Fulltime employees working over 8 hours will be compensated 2X above the employee’s base rate. Full- Time employees working (above the employee’s FTE) will be compensated at the rate of 2X above the employee’s base rate.
Part-time employees working over 8 hours will be compensated 2X above the employee’s base rate. Part time employees working extra shifts (above the employee’s FTE) will be compensated at the rate of 2X above the employee’s base rate.
SAN employees working over 8 hours will be compensated 2X above the employee’s base rate. SAN employees working over 40 hours (5 shifts) will be compensated 2X above the employee’s base rate.