URGENT Bargaining Update: As COVID Surges, OUSD Management Continues to Refuse to Negotiate on Safety
With COVID surging once again in our schools and community, you
would think that OUSD management would finally be ready to talk
seriously about safety. Yet they continue to put the health and
lives of OUSD employees, students, and our families on the line
by refusing to bargain on COVID safety.
In fact, despite the bargaining team hustling tirelessly for six months to get a fair contract, there has been precious little movement at the table:
- OUSD management continues to refuse to bargain on COVID safety.
- OUSD management’s counter wage proposal only focuses on one-time bonuses.
- OUSD management still refuses to consider sustainable, livable wages.
- OUSD management has only responded to 4 of 28 proposals our team submitted.
- OUSD management is using shady tactics to force an agreement with an unrealistic deadline, with conditions that wouldn’t benefit members.
What can you do?
Join the Contract Action Team (CAT) to help distribute information regarding our contract.
- Email Ronda Goldsby (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sandra Lewis (email@example.com) to join.
- Sign and share our COVID-19 safety petition
- Make a public comment or e-comment at the next Board meeting (1/12/2022) to demand the District come to a fair agreement, emphasizing COVID safety and livable wages.
- Wear PURPLE every Wednesday to show OUSD management that SEIU members are unified. Call the SEIU Member Resource Center (MRC) to get your SEIU T-shirt: 1-877-687-1021
- Check your personal email frequently for union correspondence updates
- Get STRIKE READY!
Your SEIU Local 1021 Bargaining Team