SEIU 1021

SEIU Local 1021 City of Oakland
Safety Update, August 2023


City of Oakland workers are are in a crisis of unsafe working conditions. Department after department has reported attacks, abuse, and unsafe assignments. 


According to our contract (Section, pages 72-3), you can get Traumatic Incident leave if you witness or are involved in a traumatic incident (including stalking, threats, violence, and more).

The City might not be proactive, so make sure you ask for Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services and your Traumatic Incident Leave immediately, and notify your union as soon as possible by calling the Member Resource Center (1-877-687-1021).

You can review the contract at: and pick up your physical copy from the union hall at 100 Oak St.