OUSD Chapter Bargaining Update: We Are Close to an Agreement!
Your bargaining team and OUSD management made tremendous progress at the bargaining table this week, and we anticipate reaching a substantive deal in the coming days that will benefit our members, including:
- Several 1-time lump-sum compensations
- On-going salary increases
- Longevity pay increment increases
- Bilingual stipend increase
- Reinstatement of the Clerical Mentorship Program
- COVID safety improvements
- And many other intentional working condition improvements
***General Membership Meeting Every 2nd Wednesday at 5pm on Zoom***
***CAT Meeting Every Tuesday (next meeting 2/22/22) at 5pm on Zoom***
What can you do to help win a strong contract?
Join the Contract Action Team (CAT) to help distribute information regarding our contract. The next meeting will be next Tuesday, Feb. 22, at 5pm. All members who want to help us win a strong contract are welcome!
- Email Ronda Goldsby (email@example.com) and Sandra Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to join.
- Make a public comment or e-comment at the next Board meeting to demand the District not make school closures and layoffs to classified employees and student services.
- Wear PURPLE every Wednesday to show OUSD management that SEIU members are unified.
- Join our SEIU 1021 OUSD Facebook group to get the latest news, updates, and helpful information! Request to join here.
- Check your personal email frequently for union correspondence updates.
- Get STRIKE READY!