OUSD Chapter Bargaining Update: Management Refuses to Bargain as We Continue to Fight for COVID Safety Measures and Living Wages
Your bargaining team met again yesterday, Wednesday, Jan. 26, and OUSD management refused to bargain.
Our team is disappointed and feels this is disrespectful to the process and to our members when we have such immediate needs (living wages and COVID safety concerns) that must be addressed.
They dismissed our offer and failed to provide a counter proposal. We are encouraged by our members to keep pressing forward.
WHEN WE STAND TOGETHER, WE WIN!
What can you do to help win a strong contract?
- Join the Contract Action Team (CAT) to help distribute
information regarding our contract. The next meeting will be next
Tuesday, Feb. 1, at 5:30pm. All members who want to help us win a
strong contract are welcome!
- Email Ronda Goldsby (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sandra Lewis (email@example.com) for more information or to join.
- Sign and share our COVID-19 safety petition
- Make a public comment or e-comment at the next Board meeting to demand the District come to a fair agreement, emphasizing COVID safety and livable wages.
- Wear PURPLE every Wednesday to show OUSD management that SEIU members are unified.
- Join our SEIU 1021 OUSD Facebook group to get the latest news, updates, and helpful information! Request to join here.
- Check your personal email frequently for union correspondence updates.
- Get STRIKE READY!
Your SEIU Local 1021 Bargaining Team