OUSD Chapter Bargaining Update: Making Progress; More Action Needed
Way to turn out in numbers at this past Monday’s special OUSD Board of Education meeting!
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!
Please show up again to the February 8th Board meeting and call out board members who are in favor of school closures and layoffs. NO CUTS! NO CLOSURES! NO LAYOFFS!
Your bargaining team put in an extended day of contract negotiations yesterday and made progress on some of the proposals.
We waited into the evening hours for OUSD management to return to the table with a reasonable counterproposal on our high-priority wage proposal, but we were left hanging despite Executive Director of Labor Relations Jenine Lindsey saying, “It would be ideal to reach an agreement by Friday (2/4).”
CALL TO ACTION:
Join Us Outside City Hall to Protest School Closures on FRIDAY at 3:30pm to protest against school closures (Oscar Grant Plaza, Oakland; marching to 1000 Broadway) WEAR A MASK!
***General membership meeting every 2nd Wednesday at 5pm on Zoom***
What can you do to help win a strong contract?
- Join the Contract Action Team (CAT) to help distribute information regarding our contract. We are meeting Tuesdays at 5:30pm on Zoom. Email Ronda Goldsby (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sandra Lewis (email@example.com) to join.
- Make a public comment or e-comment at the next Board meeting to demand the District come to a fair agreement, emphasizing COVID safety and livable wages.
- Wear PURPLE every Wednesday to show OUSD management that SEIU members are unified.
- Check your personal email frequently for union correspondence updates
- Join our private Facebook group to get the latest updates and connect with fellow SEIU 1021 OUSD chapter members.
- Get STRIKE READY!