MTA Service Critical TA informational meetings and voting details
We are excited to announce that our SEIU 1021 San Francisco MTA
Service Critical bargaining team has reached a tentative
agreement (TA) with SFMTA! Our TA includes significant progress
on the priorities identified by members and will help recruit and
retain staff to make our public services strong.
The ratification vote will be held electronically using ElectionBuddy from May 16 through May 20:
- 5/16: Election opens at 9AM
- 5/20: Election closes at 4PM
- Results announced shortly after election closes
You should receive your ballot via text or email on Monday, May 16. If you don’t receive it yet, it’s possible we may not have your current contact information on file. If you have questions or would like to update your contact information and have a ballot resent, please call the Member Resource Center Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 1-877-687-1021.
You can download a booklet containing both a summary of our TA plus the full language of each agreement here.
Summary of our tentative agreement
Here’s what we won: 2-year agreement, expires June 30, 2024
- A historic 10% wage increase over 2 years. This is the
highest wage increase in the last 18 years. and would not have
been possible without solidarity and cooperation across San
Francisco’s other public sector unions.
- Year 1: 5.25% on July 1, 2022
- Year 2: 2.50% on July 1, 2023* and 2.25%* in Jan. 2024 (*6 month offramp in case of $300+ mil deficit)
- Due to positive pension fund results, employee
contribution to the pension will be reduced by around 1%,
resulting in an additional appx. 1% wage increase (actual
increase will vary)
- FMLA appeals process that allows employees to file an EEO
complaint and/or grievance.
- Side letter of agreement for JLMC to address new job
- Adding Juneteenth (6/19) and Indigenous Peoples’ Day holidays
- Expanding provisions for DSW training, notices, and
- Adds language saying that SFMTA shall not discontinue union
memberships without notice from the
- Important revisions for 9102 Transit Car Cleaner and 9104 TCC
Assistant Supervisor uniforms and
- Increases resources and access for workforce development and
establishes an Equitable Workplace Committee.
- Sets a timeline for assault prevention & harm reduction
committee to meet upon ratification.
- 8214 and 8216 of the Month recognition allowance increase to $400 for those meeting the criteria* and $250 for the runner-up. *(criteria will be developed jointly with the Union upon ratification)
- 1937 Supervising Parts Store Storekeeper equity
- New section establishing uniform and equipment specifications
to benefit 9110, 9116 and 9117 Revenue class series
- Language improvements benefitting Revenue Division members in
their requests for time off and approval notifications, including
notifications to the stewards.
- Establishes an SFMTA Operating Budget JLMC to seek additional
stimulus funding sources.
- Increase in covered stations for opening and closing premium
and establishment of a Forrest Hill parking location for 9131
- Improvements in assault reporting and notices. Establishes a
meeting with management to create updated forms.
- Increasing commitment to providing restrooms &
- Lead person premium pay increases from $10 to $15.
- Attendance bonus improvements for PCOs and Sr. PCOs.
- If financials in the March 2023 joint report are not
projected to be in deficit, then the 8214 & 8216 Fixed Post Pay
will change from a 7.5% premium when assigned to the duty to a 3%
increase to the base rate of pay for engaging in
intersection/traffic control. The 7.5% premium stays in effect
until the change.
- 1% base wage equity adjustment to 9102, 9104, 9110, 9116,
9117, 9126, 9128 and 9131 in lieu of weekend premium.
- 8214 and 8216 classifications receive a 2% base wage increase for step 7 effective 7/1/2023.
- Improvements on language for reasonable accommodations to
clarify timelines and process in the MOU.
- Increases tuition reimbursement investment and utilization
amount while also increasing aid to applicants.
- Improvements on MOU language for TEX employee pathways to PSC
- Side letter agreement on improving workforce development and
- Establishes timeline for the Occupational Health & Safety
Committee LMC to meet in 2022.
- Establishes a compensation class study committee for 8214, 8216, 9110, 9116 and 9104 classifications for 2024 bargaining.
ElectionBuddy is a safe, secure, and easy-to-use tool for online
voting that has been tested by the Department of Labor and used
in multiple elections across SEIU 1021 already. Click
here to watch a tutorial explaining how it works.
ElectionBuddy uses our list of eligible voters to issue ballots by email and text message so that members can vote from their computer or phone. It also uses encryption to keep all information completely confidential.
SFMTA Service Critical Worksite Meetings
- 8 am -10 am @ 1 South Van Ness Basement Revenue Breakroom.
- 12 pm – 2 pm @ 1 South Van Ness 8th floor, Western Edition Room 8104.
- 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm @ Green Division Transit Car Cleaner Bungalow.
- 10 pm – 11 pm @ Presidio Division Maintenance Breakroom.
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am @ Flynn Division Billiard Break Room.
- 11 am – 5 pm @ Van Ness Station Secondary Booth.
- 10:30 pm – 11:30 pm @ Potrero Maintenance Breakroom.
- 10 am – 6 pm @ 505 7th St.
- 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm @ Woods Division: Maintenance Transit Car Cleaner Assistant supervisor’s office.
- 5 am – 6 am @ MME Division Transit Car Cleaner office/breakroom.
- 9 am-11 am @ 10th St. PCO Bungalow.
- 12 pm – 2 pm @ 12pm -2pm DPW, PCO Bungalow.
- 5/20: 5 am – 6 am @ Cable Car Division @ Maintenance Breakroom.
- 7 am – 8 am @ Kirkland Division Maintenance Breakroom.
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am @ Islais Creek Transit Car Cleaner Bungalow.