Jan. 19, 2022 OUSD Chapter Bargaining Update
Your bargaining team met again on Wednesday, Jan. 19, and we spent a full day in negotiations. We are pleased to report that we’re finally making some progress in a number of areas.
With the power of our entire membership behind us, we are seeing positive movement from OUSD management on important issues of wages, longevity pay, reviving the Clerical Mentorship Program, and securing more paid training for many staff.
Unfortunately, OUSD management still refuses to show that they’re serious on a number of COVID safety topics. They also refuse to increase the bilingual stipend or ensure that all workers who provide these critical services are compensated for their work. Additionally, OUSD management continues to refuse to recognize Juneteenth as a district holiday.
What can you do?
- Join the Contract Action Team (CAT) to help distribute information regarding our contract. Email Ronda Goldsby (email@example.com) and Sandra Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org) to join.
- Sign and share our COVID-19 safety petition.
- Make a public comment or e-comment at the next Board meeting Wed., Jan. 26, at 4pm, to demand the District come to a fair agreement, emphasizing COVID safety and livable wages.
- Wear PURPLE every Wednesday to show OUSD management that SEIU members are unified.
- Check your personal email frequently for union correspondence updates.
- Get STRIKE READY!