LOCATION: Northern California
RESPONSIBILITIES: Researchers are responsible for conducting in-depth research in support of all stages of assigned campaigns. Duties vary by campaign, and may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and executes research work plan that reflects campaign objectives along with lead staff and member leaders.
- Coordinates campaign research, utilizing information from and about workers, employers, economic/financial research on target or industry.
- Tracks and analyzes policy issues affecting the target industry;
- Conducts and interprets basic financial analysis of public and publicly funded entities in support of bargaining and public policy work.
- Performs market analysis of target industries.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A demonstrated commitment to progressive social change and activist experience;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and/or prior research experience;
- Competence in a variety of research methods (interview, computer-based, etc.) and policy analysis skills, excellent writing and speaking ability; applied experience in either public interest issues, union organizing, or public fiscal/policy analysis;
- Familiarity with a variety of computer based research tools, basic financial concepts and good quantitative skills;
- Excellent writing ability;
- Bilingual skills desirable;
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and in a team environment;
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours when needed to meet campaign demands.
EXPERIENCE: 2 years experience in research related work.
REQUIREMENTS: Must possess a valid California driver’s license; must pass a DMV check and have a good driving record; must have auto insurance that covers business driving (minimum of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident bodily injury liability/$50,000 property coverage); and must possess an automobile for business use.
SALARY and BENEFITS: The current salary range is $64,170 - $95,329 based on qualifications and experience. There is a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
TO APPLY: Mail, fax or e-mail a detailed resume, cover letter, and the name, address, and phone number of three references to: Kathryn Ballard, SEIU Local 1021, 447 29th Street, Oakland, CA 94609, fax to (510) 893-2395 or e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled so we may close the posting/acceptance of applications at any time. No phone calls please.