Lead Office Administrative Coordinator
Oakland (Posted 03/01/2022)
SEIU 1021 is seeking an experienced administrative professional to fill our Lead Office Administrative Coordinator position that will lead a team of administrative associates at one of our main offices in Oakland to support our justice work in the East Bay Region.
About Us: SEIU 1021 is a diverse, worker-driven 21st Century Union organizing a progressive movement to build a just and fair society for all workers and communities. We are a strong and resilient organization of 60,000 public service workers in Northern California, who work to make our cities, schools, colleges, counties, and special districts safe and healthy places to work, live, and raise our families. We value human dignity, equality, solidarity, and the principles of democracy.
The Role: Our Lead Office Administrative Coordinator is a critical staff leader position in our administrative department that leads a team of administrative associates at a major office dedicated to advancing our justice work in the following ways:
- Planning and coordinating engagement activities, actions, & events
- Streamlining our office operations to run efficiently and effectively
- Driving operational improvement projects
- Assisting the organization to adopt important technological platforms to drive our justice work
- Applying your administrative, technological, and operational talents to support our membership and staff members
Excellent Compensation: Pay starts at $37.06 per hour and is based on qualifications and experience. SEIU Local 1021 offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Including fully employer-paid family health coverage (including domestic partners), life insurance, a defined-benefit pension plan, 401(k) plan, and generous paid leave time. This position is represented by the Communications Workers of America (CWA).
- Bachelor’s or High School diploma with equivalent experience
- 3 years of administrative experience
- Accurate typing skills over 65 words a minute
- Familiarity with a multi-office, organizational environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent English grammar and spelling skills
- Outstanding data entry skills
- Must be accurate, timely, detail-oriented, and maintain a degree of confidentiality
- Ability to be an organizational leader and develop staff. Set a strong example for work expectations and organizational commitment
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Strong project management skills, organizational, prioritization, and follow-through skills; ability to manage large volumes of electronic data and paperwork in an organized, detailed, and accurate manner
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be cordial and have a great deal of ethics, integrity, and high regard to confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently under general directives and as part of a team.
- Requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff
Vaccination Requirement: Proof of Full Vaccination is required for this position.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license; pass a DMV check, and have a good driving record
- Have auto insurance that covers business driving (minimum of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident bodily injury liability/$50,000 property coverage), and must possess an automobile for business use.
To Apply: Visit our online Career Center found to apply (SEIU Local 1021 Career Center). You must include a detailed résumé, a cover letter indicating the position you are applying for, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references. This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time. No phone calls, please.
Hiring: We are committed to hiring staff who reflect our membership and model the unity and equity that we seek to create in our country. For example, women, LGBTQI, people of color, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SEIU Local 1021 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates of all races, ethnicities, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, marital statuses, religions, or who have a disability. Local 1021 is committed to ensuring fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.