Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst
San Francisco (Posted 01/06/2022)
Summary: Working under the direction of the IT Director, the Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day technical and operational support of the Local’s Learning Management System (LMS). The role educates our members on using the system efficiently to maintain the training, documentation, running reports, and maintain content. The Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst is the primary contact with the LMS vendor, coordinating upgrades and communication, and testing and activating new functionality.
Primary Responsibilities and Skills:
The Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst’s primary responsibility is to maintain the Local’s Learning Management System. The Digital Learning and Innovations Analyst duties listed below are representative of the position:
- Maintain the Local’s Learning Management System (LMS), including educating users and members on system functionality, developing and updating training curriculum, and oversee online course library.
- Participates in the creation of digital e-learning content based on our learning goals.
- Maintain configuration of e-learning objects and external content, including updating course properties and creating course curriculum.
- Deliver online lessons and courses focusing on the effective use of digital media technology in e-learning environment.
- Promote the use of e-learning by designing original content, creating quizzes, interactive activities, and other e-learning opportunities online for members and post in appropriate online forums.
- Create and maintain an online registration and sign-in process for the member portal.
- Use metrics, internal feedback, and best practices to monitor operations, resources, and online training programs’ effectiveness.
- Ensure the LMS functionality in the areas of registration, notification, and administration of training operations and assessments.
- Support end-users, serving as the first line of customer support for members. Assists with troubleshooting and problem-solving. Liaise with the vendor as needed for more complex problem-solving.
- Assist in the Local’s Learning Management System (LMS) design and architecture to ensure that it has a relentless focus on continual improvement, innovation, and end-user adoption and usage.
- Ensure system scalability and stability by developing and enforcing standards, policies, processes, workflows, and advanced reporting.
- As LMS administrator, responsible for the updates of user accounts, development and maintenance of online training schedules, and evaluating and tracking training sessions and attendance.
- Build a strategic relationship with the MRC Program Administrator and the Local’s training committee. Leverage these relationships and influence the development of new functionality to benefit members.
- Provide strong problem-solving skills to monitor systems, troubleshoot, and determine recommendations for solutions in collaboration with the IT Director and MRC Program Administrator.
- Seamlessly execute key strategic initiatives such as learning plans by role, focus on optimization, and end-user experience for the learner.
- Overall accountability for data integrity to include quality, accuracy, and usability of member data and related interfaces in collaboration with the MRC Program Administrator.
- Troubleshoot LMS-related system issues, both technical and end-user experience.
- Maintain an understanding of organizational needs related to training administration and determine the most efficient and effective way for the LMS to satisfy those requirements.
- Provide instruction and support to employees and members using the LMS system on-site, online, and at union events.
- Control access to LMS content based on the type of user accounts (e.g., stewards, rank and file members, employee). Maintain data security and access security based on ever-changing user roles.
- Achieve systems integration with the LMS across the rest of the Local’s information systems to record reporting and track activities.
- Assess business needs and recommend process improvements for performance support, customer service, and LMS usability.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Core Competencies: The following competencies have been identified as critical for success in the role and will be referred to during the selection process:
- Commitment to helping our members’ current and future needs. Always providing prompt and courteous service
- Willingly shares expertise and important or relevant information with team members
- Clearly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups through a variety of communication methods
- Continually seeks to improve work processes. Demonstrates the ability to use systems and technology to improve ways of working
- Strives for excellence and efficiency
- Ability to adjust priorities. Approaches change positively and adjust behaviors accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience in IT, systems management, business, or related field required.
- 3+ years proficiency in the administration of learning or talent management systems, including course deployment, content management, and user support.
- 3+years of systems, database, reporting, or related experience required. Experience with database management required.
- Strong PC, database reporting, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Understanding of web technologies (FTP, browsers, basic HTML, CSS, data files)
- Proficiency in using email marketing software or constituent management software (e.g., MailChimp)
- Demonstrate strong presentation and communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate, provide outstanding customer service, and instill adoption of new technologies with target stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills that demonstrate an ability to apply logical thinking to gather and analyze information, design and test solutions to problems, formulate plans, and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with system implementations, upgrades, documentation, and report creation
- Experienced in collaborating cross-functionally with subject matter experts
- Ability to manage complex, multidisciplinary efforts and communicate with both technical and non-technical users
- Strong project and process management skills
- Capable of working in a team environment demonstrating good written and communication skills.
- Critical thinking and an ability to creatively solve complex issues
- Able to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff.
- Commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside organizations
• 3+ years of labor union or non-profit experience
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license; pass a DMV check, and have a good driving record
- Have auto insurance that covers business driving (minimum of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident bodily injury liability/$50,000 property coverage); and must possess an automobile for business use.
Salary and Benefits: The current salary range is $63,477 – $104,259 and is based on qualifications and experience. SEIU Local 1021 offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Including fully employer-paid family health coverage (including domestic partners), life insurance, a defined-benefit pension plan, 401(k) plan, and generous paid leave time. This position is represented by the Communications Workers of America (CWA).
Mail or email a cover letter. Include a detailed resume and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references to: Kathryn Ballard, Human Resources Coordinator. Mailing address: SEIU Local 1021, 447 29th Street, Oakland, CA 94609, or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time. No phone calls, please.
Hiring: We are committed to hiring staff who reflect our membership and model the unity and equity that we seek to create in our country. For example, women, LGBTQI, people of color, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SEIU Local 1021 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates of all races, ethnicities, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, marital statuses, religions, or who have a disability. Local 1021 is committed to ensuring fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.