Digital Lead Organizer
Northern California (posted 2/5/21)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Under the direction of the Organizing Director and Organizing Coordinator(s), the Digital Lead Organizer implements the organizing and campaign plan of the Local Union. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: leading digital campaign strategies and educating others on digital campaign tools, methods and approaches; directing organizing staff and member organizers on campaigns; providing input to the Organizing Director and Organizing Coordinator(s) in the evaluation of organizing staff; evaluating potential organizing targets; initiating direct contact with organized workers; developing leadership and structure of campaigns; and overseeing the conduct of organizing drives and representation elections. This is not a 9 to 5 job – long and varied hours, with early morning, evening, weekend work and travel, including overnight stays.
SKILLS, APTITUDE AND COMMITMENT:
- A Digital Lead Organizer should have demonstrated experience leading digital strategies in a campaign context.
- Ability to manage the work of up to 5 staff organizers.
- Ability to build a team, to communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing.
- An understanding of the labor movement and a commitment to improving conditions for working people is essential.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in organizing and leading staff.
- Commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside organizations
- Willingness to work irregular and long hours, including weekends and holidays, to attend required evening and weekend events/meetings.
- Extensive travel may be required, primarily within Northern California.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license; pass a DMV check, and have a good driving record
- Have auto insurance that covers business driving (minimum of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident bodily injury liability/$50,000 property coverage); and must possess an automobile for business use.
Salary and Benefits: The current salary range is $63,447 – $104,259 based on qualifications and experience. SEIU Local 1021 offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Including fully employer-paid family health coverage (including domestic partners), life insurance, a defined-benefit pension plan, 401(k) plan, and generous paid leave time.
Mail, fax, or e-mail a cover letter. Include a detailed resume and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references to:
Mailing address: SEIU Local 1021, 447 29th Street, Oakland, CA 94609
Fax: (510) 893- 2395 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time.
Hiring: We are committed to hiring staff who reflect our membership and model the unity and equity that we seek to create in our country. For example, women, LGBTQI, people of color, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SEIU Local 1021 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates of all races, ethnicities, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, marital statuses, religions, or who have a disability. Local 1021 is committed to ensuring fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.