Business Intelligence Manager
Oakland (Posted 03/28/2022)
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence professional to fill our Business Intelligence (BI) Manager position and lead our progressive organization’s strategic data analysis program.
SEIU 1021 is a diverse, worker-driven 21st Century Union organizing a progressive movement to build a just and fair society for all workers and communities. We are a strong and resilient organization of 60,000 public service workers in Northern California, who work to make our cities, schools, colleges, counties, and special districts safe and healthy places to work, live, and raise our families. We value human dignity, equality, solidarity, and the principles of democracy.
Collecting, analyzing, and leveraging data is one of our key organizational strategies at SEIU 1021 because we fundamentally understand that data helps us drive our justice work. Our Business Intelligence Manager is our primary staff leader and subject matter expert for our organization to set the strategic direction in how we improve and expand how we leverage data to meet our organizational priorities. In this role, the BI manager is responsible for the following:
- Developing, planning, and evolving our BI infrastructure and systems
- Leading BI and information system projects in coordination with key stakeholders
- Directing and developing a professional data team to be business intelligence experts
- Designing, creating, and improving BI dashboards
Pay and Benefits:
Our salary range for the BI Manager starts at $111,144.50. We pay a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. In addition, we provide a generous benefits package, including 3 weeks of paid vacation, fully paid Kaiser medical, and a retirement pension.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing complex BI platform projects
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with common BI tools
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office, databases, web-based applications
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, judgment, and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A keen eye for details and aptitude for working with data
- Strong project management skills
- Team player and solid communication skills
- Able to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff
- Commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside organizations.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Proof of Full COVID 19 Vaccination
- Salaried position; may require nonstandard work hours and/or weekend and holiday work.
- Extensive travel may be required, primarily within Northern California.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license; must pass a DMV check and have a good driving record; must have auto insurance that covers business driving (minimum of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per incident bodily injury liability/$50,000 property coverage); and must possess an automobile for business use.
- Proof of Full Vaccination is required for this position.
Visit our online Career Center found HERE to apply. You must include a detailed résumé, a cover letter indicating the position you are applying for, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) references. This position is open until filled; however, the posting/acceptance of applications may close at any time. No phone calls, please.
We are committed to hiring staff who reflect our membership and model the unity and equity that we seek to create in our country. For example, women, LGBTQI, people of color, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Affirmation Action Employer:
Local 1021 is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. Local 1021 works to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.