Per SEIU 1021 County of Sonoma Bylaws, notice is hereby given of an election for the Negotiating Team for the upcoming contract negotiations.
Elections shall be conducted by worksite ballot, held during the week of June 19-24, 2017 during the hours of
11:30 am- 1:30 pm, unless otherwise noted, at the following locations:
- County Complex Breezeway: 585 Fiscal
- Health Services: 3324 Chanate Road
- Human Services Zephyr Bldg.: 3725 Westwind Blvd.
- Families/Youth/Children: 1202 Apollo Way
- Juvenile Justice Center: Los Guillicos
- Union Office: 600 B Street Santa Rosa (Monday – Friday 8am-5:30pm, Saturday 9am-Noon)
Specific dates and room locations will be distirbuted and posted the week of June 5. 2017
Nominations for the Bargaining Unit Representative(s) shall be in the form of a nominating petition which shall be signed by ten (10) dues paying members from the Bargaining Unit in which the prospective nominee belongs, and must be submitted no later than 5pm on June 2, 2017. For listing of classifications by Bargaining Unit, please refer to pages 167-175 of the MOU.
Nominations may be mailed to Attn. Sonoma County Election Committee, SEIU 1021, 600 B Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95401; faxed to SEIU 1021 (707) 542-1496 or dropped off in person and must be received no later than 5pm on June 2, 2017. Nominees must submit written notice of acceptance of nomination (Within 7-days) by 5pm on June 9, 2017.
YOU MAY RUN OR BE NOMINATED FOR A SEAT ON THE NEGOTIATIONS COMMITTEE FOR YOUR BARGAINING UNIT ONLY.
SEIU Clerical, Non-Supervisory (Unit 0001) 2 Seats
SEIU Services and Technical Support, Non-Supervisory (Unit 0005) 3 Seats
SEIU Maintenance, Non-Supervisory (Unit 0010) SEIU Social Services, Non-Supervisory (Unit 0025)
SEIU Nursing Services, Non-Supervisory (Unit 0080) 1 Seat
SEIU General Supervisory (Unit 0095) 1 Seat
*Chapter Officers, per Chapter By-Laws, have a seat by virtue of holding office and do NOT factor into the seats by Bargaining Unit listed above.
- In order to be eligible to run for and serve on the Negotiations Team, all persons shall be dues paying members, an employee within a bargaining unit represented by the Chapter, and a member of Local 1021 for one
(1) year prior to the election.
- Candidate nomination petition forms are available at the SEIU 1021 Union office, 600 B Santa Rosa between the hours of 8am-5:30pm; through your department Shop Steward; on the SEIU 1021 website or you may also request a copy by calling (707) 293-2859
**Challenges to or disputes arising from a Chapter election must be submitted in writing to the Chapter Election Committee within three (3) working days of the submission of the committee’s written election report to the Chapter Executive Board. The committee shall respond within five (5) working days of the receipt of the challenge. Challenges or disputes which are denied or cannot be resolved by the Chapter Election Committee may be appealed in writing to the Local 1021 Chapter Executive Board within five (5) working days of receipt of the Chapter Election Committee’s decision. The Local 1021 Chapter Executive Board shall investigate and respond within fifteen (15) working days of receipt of the challenge. Challenges to the election will be considered valid only if they cite specific violations of the Chapter election rules and procedures, Chapter bylaws, or the Local 1021 Constitution and if the alleged violation may have affected the outcome of the election.