STARTING ON March 17, 2017:
- Procedure for nominations:
Members can submit nomination forms to Kimberly Townsend via fax to (510) 451-6928, by email to email@example.com, or dropping by it off to SEIU Local 1021 at 100 Oak Street, Oakland. Forms can also be submitted at membership meetings on campus. Once the nomination period ends, on April 17, 2017and candidates are confirmed, an election will be scheduled.
Schedule for General Membership Meetings:
- Monday, April 10, 2017 San Leandro Hospital (Side of ED Center) 7a-8:30a, 11a-1p, 3p-5p.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017, John George, (Conference Room 124), 8:30a-9:30a, 11a-1p, 3p-5p,
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017, Highland, 11a-1p (HCP Conference Room B),
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017, Fairmont, 7a-8:30a (Guest Dining Rm); 11a-1p (Guest Dining Rm); 3p-5p (Guest Dining Rm),
- Thursday, April 13, 2017, Highland, 7:30a-8:30a(HCP Conference Rm C), 3p-5p
- Friday, April 14, 2017, Eastmont, Winton and Newark Clinics: 11a-1p (Break Rooms)
Nomination forms can be download from http://www.alamedahealthsystem.org , picked up at SEIU Local 1021 at 100 Oak Street, Oakland, or contact your local steward or field rep.
- Deadline for nominations: April 17, 2017
- In order to run for election, nominees must be SEIU Local 1021 members in good standing (dues paid and signed a membership form). Call MRC 877.687.1021 to check membership status.
- Method of election: date, time, and place of voting: All elections must be conducted by secret ballot, no mail in ballot will be sent. Proxy voting is prohibited by the SEIU and Local 1021 Constitution and Bylaws.
- VOTING BEGINS May 21, 2017 and ends on May 25, 2017 at 8:30am
- Vote Count: May 25 & May 26, 2017 at 9:00am.
SEIU Local 1021 Union office at 100 Oak Street, Oakland CA; Willie Gholar Conference Room
OBSERVERS ARE ENCOURAGED AND WELCOME AT ALL POLLING LOCATIONS AND AT THE VOTE COUNT. You must be a member of SEIU Local 1021 employed at AHS in order to vote.
FOR QUESTIONS CALL YOUR FIELD REPRESENTATIVE
Challenges to or disputes arising from the chapter elections must be submitted in writing to the committee within three (3) working days of the submission of the committee’s written election report. The committee shall respond within five (5) working days of the receipt of the challenge. Challenges or disputes which are denied or cannot be resolved by the Chapter Election Committee may be appealed in writing to the Local 1021 Chapter Executive Board within five (5) working days of receipt of the Chapter Election Committee’s decision. The Local 1021 Chapter Executive Board shall investigate and respond within fifteen (15) working days of receipt of the challenge. Challenges to the election will be considered valid only if they cite specific violations of the Chapter election rules and procedures, Chapter bylaws, or the Local 1021 Constitution and if the alleged violation may have affected the outcome of the election.
In order to run for and serve in a Chapter office, all persons shall be members in good standing (not affiliates or fee payers), must be a member for one year prior to the election, and employed within the bargaining unit(s) (including members working out of class) represented by the Chapter. Only members in good standing may participate in the election. Candidates may only run for one (1) office.
|Worksite||Ballot Box Location||Dates & Times|
5/23: 0700-0830, 1100-1300, 1400-1730
5/24: 0700-0830, 1100-1300, 1400-1730;
|Lunch break room||5/21, 5/22: 0830-0930, 1100-1300,
1500-17005/23, 5/24: 0800-1000, 1100-1500, 1600-20005/25: 0730-830
|Highland Hospital||ER Lobby||
5/21, 5/22, 5/23: 0730-0830, 1500-1700
5/24: 1100-1300, 1900-2000
5/21, 5/22, 5/23: 1100-1300
|Highland Hospital||4th Floor ACT Hallway by visitor desk||5/21, 5/22, 5/23: 0730-0830, 1500-1700, 1900-2000|
|San Leandro Hospital||Cafeteria||
5/24: 0700-0830, 1100-1300, 1400-1730
Chief Steward – HGH
COPE Coordinator – HGH/Eastmont
At Large Free Standing Clinics
Chief Steward – Freestanding Clinics
COPE Coordinator – FMT/JGPH/Winton/Newark
Chief Steward – FMT
Chief Steward – JGPH
COPE Coordinator – SLH
At Large SLH
Vice President General Unit
Vice President RN Unit
Vice President San Leandro Unit