On April 2, our 911 dispatchers told their story about how understaffing delays emergency response time for distressed people living, working, playing and touring in San Francisco.
On Wednesdays, we invite Mayor Lee to “Worker Wednesdays”, a play-on “Tech Tuesdays,” when the mayor meets with tech CEOs to discuss how to keep them in the city. If the mayor is a no-show, to our on-site discussion about issues affecting the public and employees, we bring out his proxy– a 7-foot cut out of Mayor Lee.
Next Wednesday, April 9 at noon, our RN’s and our hospital workers tell their story about understaffing and other issues affecting patient care and employees at SF General Hospital and Laguna Honda Hospital.
Get event photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/89592077@N08/sets/72157643540184524/
- KTVU 2: http://youtu.be/irD-Fr_grmI
- Univision: http://youtu.be/93DBzHKnHbQ
- NBC Bay Area: http://youtu.be/JygAOJGAd8M
- KPIX: http://youtu.be/K-1d41zyJQo
PRINT AND ONLINE NEWS
- SF Bay Guardian: http://www.sfbg.com/politics/2014/04/03/911-please-hold
- NBC Bay Area: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/911-Dispatchers-Rally-for-More-Staffing-to-Handle-Emergency-Calls-253664041.html
- KQED: http://blogs.kqed.org/newsfix/2014/04/02/sf-emergency-dispatchers-protest-low-staffing-levels/
- SF Appeal: http://sfappeal.com/2014/04/911-dispatchers-warn-of-public-safety-risk-rally-for-more-staffers/
• KCBS Story: http://tinyurl.com/mce3urm
• KCBS Story 2 (Must hear):http://tinyurl.com/ksn7nl8
• KGO (good story, funny ending): http://tinyurl.com/lqrlosf
• KSFO: http://tinyurl.com/mpl682e
Bloomberg News previews our mega Tax Day Rally and March.
- April 3, 2014
St. Louis Post Dispatch/ Bloomberg News Service: Unions take aim at $56M Twitter tax break
- April 4, 2014
The New Zealand Herald/Bloomberg News Service: Twitter targeted in San Francisco income tax war: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11232317